To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We call ourselves American?

Hussein Hamoud, age 15, from Tyre: “I am a now a refugee because of the war between Hezbollah and Israel, and Israel has tortured us, and destroyed our homes, and killed our children . . . I’ve seen everything. I’ve seen killing and destruction - everything. We were sitting in our house [in Tyre] when suddenly Israel bombed a factory for manufacturing medicine that is near where we live. First thing, this factory has maybe more than 40 workers. This factory helps a lot of people. It isn’t related to war or to weapons. When they bombed, pieces from the bombs came to our home too. At the same time they bombed a building, and in this building there were a lot of killed people and injured, and some were my relatives. One of them killed was my friend . . . If Hezbollah is destroyed it will be easy for Israel to cross our borders at any time, and there will be no one to resist . . . Israel crossed our borders, and entered to our towns, and killed a lot, and destroyed a lot. This was not for self-defense . . . I want to say something to George Bush: Ask Israel to cease-fire and stop destroying our homes. And for the Americans, if they are not believing what is happening here, to come and see for themselves. They will have the proof . . ."

1 Comments:

Blogger - said...

hei raj bhaiya ...from where did u get that ?? ... its very touching though ..

8/12/2006 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home