To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Monday, May 29, 2006

Altering of the proposal

I'm going to alter the proposal I made in the last entry...

I don't think that "physical closeness" is completely independent of "emotional and mental closeness". But, I think that the "physical" is a small subset of the "emotional and mental". Our happiness is dependent on our emotional and mental states (let's call it the "I" state)... this does not discount the physical state (call it the "body" state), as my proposal is that our "body" state is a subset of our "I" state. However, if our prime emphasis is on our "body" state, we will never be completely happy. Our aim has to be on improving the "I" state if we want lasting, continual happiness.

_______________________________________
| ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|
|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|
|ffffffffffffffffffffffff"I" Statefffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|
|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|
|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff _______________ |
|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|
|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|ffff"Body" Stateffffffff|
|fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff|ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff |
-------------------------------------------------------------------


Being afar physically, but having a strong emotional and mental relationship is worth much more than being physically close by having a weak emotional and mental relationship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess something I was thinking about when I read this post was that physical separation forces you to use difference modes of communication. I think that when I talk to a person IN person there is a stronger bond that may establish than when I talk to a person on the phone or online. Maybe it's just me, but there's something about being face to face with another person that quickens the progression/increase of the emotional and mental ties that you have with the person. My 2 cents..

-kev

6/05/2006 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home