To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Friday, June 16, 2006

Roy

I recommend Arundhati Roy's "An Ordinary Person's Guide to Empire". It's a collection of her recent essays... really bad-ass book by a bad-ass writer. The common critique of her is that she depicts the problems very well, but doesn't offer an alternate path. I agree.. and disagree... Her alternate path is that in EACH situation, there are decisions to be made... and with each decision that goes against the current trend (of consumerism, corporate globalization, exploitation), that alternate path is being carved out.

And.. I also recommed reading Krishnamurti.

ANNDDD... especially for those that enjoy science and/or philosophy... I recommed watching "What the bleep do we know?" It's basically.. "reality" seen through the eyes of Quantam Physics. If you watch that.. read Krishnamurti... and read Roy... you'll have a pretty good idea of the path I'm on... the life I want to lead. Well... and read "Small is Beautiful" by Schumaker... although I haven't read it yet. And about my thoughts on education... I really haven't seen a book, or thinker that I completely agree with yet... althought Shiksantar and John Holt are on the rght track in again identifying the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every day the natural scenery here is absolutely gorgeous. This evening was no exception. It was slightly drizzling with gray clouds overhead. The sun had dipped below the clouds, and was in the gap btwn. the clouds and the horizon. The horizon here consists of the Himalaya foothills. The entire gap glowed an orangish colour... with the light at the back, we could see about 7 layers of the mountain range. Then, when we turned around to face the camera for a picture... we saw a huge, arching rainbow on the other side! I could see where the rainbow started... and it arched across the entire sky..... absolutely beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look up high fructose corn syrup on the internet... do you know that Americans are basically the only people in the world that eat that crap?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home