To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Life I'd like to Lead

I'd like to be able to be completely honest with those close to me... my family and friends.
I'd like to be able to stop placing importance on the "image" of Raj that I have created for others.
I'd like to purify my thoughts and mind, so then, I could act more freely and confidently.
I'd like to have more control over my mind.

I'd like to get involved in some work that I'm passionate about for a cause that I believe in.
I'd like to live a balanced life, and be able to meditate daily.
I'd like to instill some more devotion into my daily life, to the Higher Power.
I'd like to constantly push my limits.
I'd like to be surrounded by loved ones, friends and family... in person, or through spirit (email).
I'd like to be able to show my gratefulness for those that have helped me along the way.

~~~~~~

I came to India to learn something about India, instead I've learned more about myself.

I came to India to give back to India, instead India is giving me so much more.

~~~~~~

Inspiring song lyrics... from a Gospel song that we used to listen to Freshmen year:

I WANT TO KNOW YOU MORE

In the secret, in the quiet place,
In the stillness, You are there.
In the secret, in the quiet hour,
I wait only for You
’Cause I want to know You more.

(Chorus)
I want to know You
I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more
I want to touch You
I want to see Your face
I want to know You more

I am reaching for the highest goal
That I might receive the prize.
Pressing onwards,
Pushing every hindrance aside
Out of my way
’Cause I want to know You more.

Chorus x 2

In the secret
In the quiet place
In the stillness,
You are there.

Chorus x 2

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The image of "Raj" is not something that you have created for us or given us mistakingly; those that are closest to you still know you better than you think...

Raj is someone we admire and will always look up to so dont question it - not because of any stupid false or true image - but because of the person you are and more importantly want to become by accomplishing what it is you still want to achieve and find...

We are all here for you in person and in spirit...Dont't doubt yourself at all during your time in India, but use everything u have gained and learned from as a catalyst to ur "learning"...

Like I said before.."you can't run an offense without a point guard"..hint hint..come back..j/k

Sam, ur still our go to guy on offense - so without you we never get points on the board - but i think you guys get the "point". No pun intended...Hahaha..

We just need to run our team again. Come home!!

Take Care Guys...Only half a year left...thats it! :) Otherwise Mit and I are coming to india to drag you out of there...

Always,
Choks

11/23/2005 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u don't need to be hard on yourself.we think u are perfect.Every event offers you lessons.we all need to nurish our mind. use the philosophy of "Opposition Thinking." Whenever a negative slide (thoughts) comes up on the screen, take swift action to replace it with a positive one.Concentrate on being cheerful and energetic.Sit up straight, breath deeply and train the power of your mind on positive thoughts.you will notice a remarkable difference in the way you feel within minutes.

11/29/2005 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home