To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Saurashtra

We headed into the gaams of Saurashtra, the heart of the Swadhyay karya (work), hoping to get a clearer picture of the effects of Swadhyay, the workings of Swadhyay, the understanding of prayogs, and connecting to people who have been affected by the karya.

I've been born and raised in a Swadhyay environment from the age of 5. I started out in Bal Sanskar Kendra, hearing stories of Indian saints, and from the Ramayan and Mahabharat. Then, it was on to Junior DBT... and DBT... Youth camps... where I was really able to develop my ability to think independently and the curiosity for spirituality and Indian culture was awoken. I am grateful for all this... but grateful to who? or to what?

Over the last few years... I've questioned the direction that I think Swadhyay has taken... and I've also questioned the direction that I have taken.

But, I'm still grateful, and out of this gratefulness... I desired to find out for myself... hopefully, to really be able to feel what's right... and what's the right path of action for me to take.

From when we were young, we always heard that to REALLY see Swadhyay work, you have to go to the gaams.... so, that's where we went as we spent 12 days in Saurashtra.

After that, we came back to Mumbai to spend Diwali with uor families.... and I was able to share my stories from the gaams with those that have been involved in Swadhyay for a LONG time, and hear their viewpoints and ideas, as well.

One day, when I have a lot of time... I'll share my thoughts on my experiences here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home