To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Swadhyaya

AHEMDABAD, GUJARAT - So, we went to Swadhyay out here in Ahemdabad. Hopefully, once we settle down into one place out here, we can get back into the swing of things with Swadhyay, and get involved. We talked to Rajeshbhai (Yatin Uncle's brother) and are trying to set-up some visits to Swadhyaya ghams out in the Saurashtra area. Hopefully, we can spend some time out there... the only thing I'm wondering about... is what would we do there? I'd like to spend a few days to a week in each gham, so we can really get a good feel for what it's like... and the effects of the Swadhyaya thoughts on that area. But, hopefully, we're not just sitting around all day, and can do something. If anyone has done prayog darshan like this, and have went to the ghams... what is it like? any advice?

For the first time in a few years, I heard the Gujarati "Dukha Harathaa" Aarti... the "Swadhyaya" Aarti. I love it. Even after ot having done it in 2-3 years, probably, I still know it all... and know it better than I know any other Aarti. It just reminded me how much a part of me and my life, Swadhyay has been. It was an awesome feeling singing it again.

There are still some questions and hesitations that I have about Swadhyaya, and the events over the last couple years. But I'm trying to take an independent view at it, and then see if, at some point, I can actually start putting some of my thoughts and words into actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home