To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Guest Blogger - Coming sooon!





Be on the look-out for the first "guest blogger"! We spent 3 days in Mathura/Gokul with Prach, Biggie (aka Amit), and Neil (aka Neilu) and had a blast... Hopefully, they'll provide a 3rd person's point-of-view of our journey...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone...For those that don't know me, I'm Amit or as everyone calls me biggie. I got to experience India with Raj and Sam for 2 days. I must say that it was quite interesting spending time with them in a whole new environment other than the bay area.

We spent that day just hanging out and catching up on what they have experienced and what they have been seeing. So around 11 p.m. on Aug. 27 Sam and Raj decide that they want to go into Mathura and check out the festival that was going on. So we track down a auto ricksaw and go in to Mathura. The walk to the temple where Lord Krishna was born felt like a journey. At midnight, people around the temple just went crazy and tried to pile inside the temple at the same time. All 5 of us had a blast that night.

The next day, Raj and Sam joined us in Gokul for our celebration that was going on. We danced in the street on the way to the temple and did banjan(prayers). At night did some more banjans at the new house that got remodeled. I think Raj and Sam did have a great time experiencing something new.

I wish Raj and Sam the best on their trip and also to be safe and remember to grab your stuff when you leave.

9/20/2005 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home