To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Obama.... our only hope.

You know... I don't really know THAT much about Obama. I've seen him in the recent debates and heard his recent speeches. I haven't picked up his book yet. I know bout his life... and how he's biracial, and raised by a single mom, and spent part of his childhood abroad, and he just quit smoking, and basically..... he was a normal American... world citizen. Which makes me believe that for once, there is a politician that is in touch with reality. I know that he's worked as a community organizer. I know that he may not be the best politician, but he stands for ideals.

I have hope that if he gets elected, America will no longer be the laughing-stock of the world.
I have hope that if he gets elected, our economic relations with other countries will become more equitable.
I have hope that if he gets elected, he will approach our relationships with our so-called 'enemies' in a honorable manner. He will actually engage in dialogue, and not create more enemies.
I have hope that if he gets elected, it will be a small victory for the traditionally oppressed.
I have hope that if he gets elected, America could become a leader in the evolution of the entire world to a more peaceful, harmonious community.
I have hope that if he gets elected, ego and brashness will take a backseat to humility and honest inquiry.
I have hope that if he gets elected, those that have lost hope... will regain it.

Hillary, nor any of the other candidates that have a shot at winning (including the Republicans), give me any hope whatsoever.... other than... more of the same.

My backing... VOTE FOR OBAMA!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-sedaei/obama-americas-best-hop_b_73480.html
http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home