To the Motherland...

I'm taking a journey with my good friend, Sameer Sampat, to India. What exactly this journey is going to entail... your guess is as good as mine. Our inner voices will be our guide. (along with our handy-dandy Lonely Planet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fremont, California, United States

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Blog Entry

It's been a looooong time since I've written a REAL blog entry. By 'REAL', I mean reflective; I mean talking about events that have influences me, inspired me, made me think; I mean my thoughts and opinions.

I don't think this will be a 'real' entry either... I really don't have that much time right now. But, I just wanted to sit and type... for a bit.

There have been ups and downs. I'm passionate about InSPIRE... and the potential that the program has. But, I don't like that I'm spending soo much time just sending out emails, and sitting on the computer. I also don't like that I'm probably about 60% efficient on the computer... meaning that 40% of the time, I'm probably surfing or chatting, or something. Also.. what are other ways of 'spreading the word'? I'm sure we could have tried to be more creative and 'pure'... but, this is what has been conditioned into us, this is what we know, this is what everyone else knows...

And, then.. there are other things like gardening and volunteering at City Slicker Farms (community garden in Oakland)... and trying to work with children/youth... etc. All of these things have taken the back-burner. I'm spending a little time in my backyard trying to start a garden... and at City Slickers... but not nearly as enough. Not regular.

Trying to do yoga/pranayam everyday... and get to meditations on Wednesday... has definitely been a struggle.

Reading and writing in my journal and/or blog have been pretty non-existent.

Pushing myself to open up to family and friends... started strong... but has since tapered off.

Riding my bike and taking public transportation more... also, ups and downs... sometimes I just am unable to plan ahead, and sometimes just succumb to the 'easiness' and 'convenience' of taking my car.

It seems like slowly.. I'm falling back into the 'rut'.. or 'comfort zone' that i'm used to, here... and it's not a comfort zone I completely enjoy. It's a comfort zone fillled with contradictions, filled with temporary comforts, and filled with isolation.

All THAT being said... I am MAKING strides.. I am ATTEMPTING at a shift in lifestyle, and maybe I expected to see the changes happen quicker than is possible.

I want to be more regular now --
Wed. night - meditation, write in journal
Thur-Sat - spend at least two days at City Slickers
Sun - Swadhyay or discussion at Stanford, write blog entry
Sun-Tues - work on garden at home

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to set up a schedule is all good, but how would you feel if you fall off your schedule?
You might feel disappointed or frustrated, right? Just make sure your schedule is realizable and that regardless you each moment that consumes your time. Easier said than done though, but I enjoyed the reflection.

3/02/2007 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

´....regardless you ENJOY each moment....´ sorry missed the word

3/02/2007 5:39 AM  
Blogger Raj Kanani said...

agreed... something I need to work on. Being in THE moment, and enjoying it.

3/10/2007 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home